rear wheel squeals?

eeyore1839
0

Asked by eeyore1839 Oct 11, 2012 at 08:18 AM about the 2009 Dodge Challenger SE

My rear drivers wheel squeals when reaching 60.  Stops when brakes are used.  If car is parked it doesn't squeal when moving again.  Doesn't always make this noise (1-2 times a week).

John Leone
5,445

when reaching 60, as in goes away after 60, or are you stating any speed????look through the rims, SE, i think is v-8, larger aluminum rims??? if so, look for a thin "clip" looking thing, the brake pad sensor, may be getting caught up on something, how new are the pads???if they were replaced recently, could be a cheap hard-ceramic pad scratching the disc.....

eeyore1839
0

it starts up when starting to reach 60 and starts to go away as i reach 70. I have put new tires and wheels on (for another reason) noise was also present with the factory wheels and tires. I have my brake pads etc checked they are fine. It only seems to happen in the morning, after I have been driving for about 15-20 min.

John Leone
5,445

after market wheels, bigger or heavier than factory???? hoping not, if so, believe it or not, they stress the axles/ and bearings more than we realize, and what COULD, as in may be happening, is the wheel bearing is becoming worn out much faster than intended...just a thought, I'm not as much a mopar fan, (respect them), just not as familiar....the way to check, is someone capable in removing the bearings, and checking them for wear, and proper amount of grease....