Why is there a hose connected to the battery in the 2009 cobalt lt?

Sylsan
10

Asked by Sylsan Aug 27, 2012 at 08:14 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT1

My dashboard lights suddenly flickered. I checked my battery and I see a hose that was connected to my battery that appears to be hook to a "nipple" on the battery but the "nipple" and hose were both broken off. I have never seen a battery have a hose connected to it.

trip65

vent.

Sylsan
10

So what if the "plug" or "nipple" broke off? The hose to it also broke where it connects to the plug. Do I need to replace a good battery because it broke off?

trip65

if its under the hood i wouldn't worry too much about it . if it's in the trunk ,it should be vented.

Sylsan
10

It is in the trunk so if the plug broke off do I need to replace the battery?

Jason Zane
2,875

if you want the hose to patch to the place it was you can find a way to patch it yourself... the battery is fine. as long as you can start strong and hold the charge overnight, the car battery is good.

Best Answer
Sylsan
10

Thank You Jason. That's exactly what my brother did. We'll see if it holds up!!