I've had a 1970 911T and later a 1975 911. I married, had two boys who are just about of college and have had a combination of 4 door and utility cars, now looking for a good used 911 4S. Thoughts?

schoenly
0

Asked by schoenly Jan 14, 2013 at 09:43 AM about the 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD

I like to change oil and filter on my cars..is the4S awd easy to work on?  I like the 2012 911 Carrera 4S,
but could not afford the prices, so wonder what year 911 would be best to shop.  We live on a mile dirt
road in the hills, so need the AWD. I will drive the car year round even though we have another car.  I
like a basic car without the gadgets and electronics, and love driving instead of the "show off" aspect of
the car. We live in an area where driving is fun, little traffic and great country roads.  Both my wife and I
love standard shift cars. Do you have any thoughts regarding the right car for me?

Andy Dickens
375

The 993 C4S sounds like it would be the perfect model for you. May even appreciate rather than depreciate while you own it. It wil cost you more than a later 996 C4 though.