How much would a brake job run for a 2008 BMW M6?

DoctorAZ
10

Asked by DoctorAZ Mar 24, 2013 at 09:21 AM about the 2008 BMW M6 Convertible

I own a 2008 M6 and though the breaks "sqeals" at times I have been told it does not need a new brake job and the computer does not give me a notice about brakes due soon,but I am curious what the potential bill could be.

DavidH25

About $700, and that includes doing all four wheels, rotors and wheel speed sensors. That can really vary, depending where you are, but ballpark figure

DavidH25

Holey moley when I looked that up I see it's a 5.0L 7 speed automatic transmission rocket..I wish I had one of those..

45,685

Do you need brakes or just trying to quiet them? There is a product that goes on the back of the brake pads that will quiet them down. When you do get the front pads replaced, go with ceramic pads to reduce dust on your wheels.

45,685

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Disc-Brake-Quiet-05016/dp/B000CINV88

45,685

BMW video - they show a couple of products at 5:00 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9syLqe8WhHs

DoctorAZ
10

BMW dealership just quoted me $2700,front and rears,pads,rotors and sensors;an independent shop quoted me $1500 front,rear pads and sensors ,but not rotors.

DavidH25

About par for the dealer to be double, Doc. And when I looked it up the first time I didn't realize just exactly what Bimmer is was. Earlier today somebody asked, just for fun, "what is your favorite car?".I still like my choice but that would be next. Anyway, that car probably has special everything, and the independent shop will surface your rotors instead of putting new ones on ..just as good though

Michael Branan
1,595

NEVER go to the dealership for this. EVER! A trusted local mechanic is always a better solution. Where are you based? If there is a dealership, then there is most certainly a competent tuner nearby. Better still, do the job yourself and buy your parts online from sources like www.bavauto.com www.fcpeuro.com

DavidH25

Michael, I realize that is just a username, he may or may not be a Doctor, but if he is, and it really does not matter, drives a $40,000 car he is even going to entertain the thought of doing it himself?

DoctorAZ
10

Correction,the independent mechanic quote was the same as the BMW dealership for front pads,discs and sensors,just a $100 less,so why not stick with the dealer.I am based out of Bridgeport,CT;and no I would not entertain doing this myself.

Michael Branan
1,595

Wow! I am sorry to learn of your situation. I am glad to be able bodied and to not have to pay an arm and a leg for a simple brake job. Happy motoring!

Shant93
0

The brakes will run you around 900 done from Bmw which is the best place to go I own a 2007 bmw m6 and I pay that