how many 1968 rs ss camero's were produced in the united states

68rsssguy
25

Asked by 68rsssguy Feb 07, 2007 at 02:08 AM about the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS

i am wondering in 1968 how many rs ss coupe models were made.  i have happend to obtain one and know it is very rare but was wondering. it has the tuck away headlight and a 350 emblem on the front fenders.  standard black interior.

10,985

Hello, There were 40,977 RS's and 30,695 SS's produced in 1968. Of course, many fewer than this survive today. Congratulations on your new car! Best of luck! CarGrrl

18,765

I also looked on a number of sites to try and find out specifically now many rs ss models were made but apparently it is so rare that most Camaro sites don't list it as a trim. I did find one site that said "It is impossible to determine how many "base" models were produced because certain options were combined with others (for example, you could combine the Rally Sport option with the Super Sport, Z/28, and Custom Interior options), and there is no breakdown of production numbers when options were combined."

Best Answer
Bsmith1621
10

i also happend to come across a 1968 camaro rs ss with the 350 badges and also a rally sport badge behind the front tire but it has a white nose strip, white leather seats, and a white rag top. also has auto windows, locks and driver seat. but the number of sites that i looked on the common number i found was about 600 to 700 rs ss's were made back in 1968 but like the one guy said most of those cars did not survive to this day so that number could be drasticly less. could possible be under 100 or above 100 so definatly restore that thing tobe fully original and man you got one heck of a car for car shows man

bluediamondshires
0

hello I just recently found this site I have purchased a 68 rs/ss camero ( 396 banners on fender) minus the motor and tranny but the guy I bought it from has a 396 with munchie tranny so looks like headed in a double bonus round here The body and chasy is in mint shape no rust, all origional no body work other than it being primed and ready to paint hopefully I will remember my way back to this site but look forward to learning more about this find thanks James Richie bluediamondshires@yahoo.com ps no I am not looking at selling at this point and time in case you are wondering

bluediamondshires
0

bluediamondshires
0

oops didnt mean the double post another photo