need to replace a fan belt in a v6 kia sedona

DELANCY
0

Asked by DELANCY Aug 11, 2013 at 08:07 PM about the 2008 Kia Sedona EX

Broken fan belt on a v6 kia sedona need to replace HOW????

68,475

Are you talking about the serpentine belt? You will need to turn the belt tensioner to install the new belt. I'm not familiar with the Sedona, but suspect you will need to remove some parts to get to it.

DELANCY
0

Tom this may be a good answer for a serpentine belt but the fan belt is very different. This belt drives the cooling fan, alternater, and steering. I always called this a fan belt ????. thanks I need to change a FAN BELT????

DavidH25

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/models/kia/sedona/1998.html .......shows an electric motor driven fan for the V6 and a second fan for the A/C condenser, also electric... the serpentine belt Tom mentioned does run everything else. Now delancy it's your car and I believe you, you can see it I can't, just going by that and other parts suppliers. Where is the 'fan belt' driven from? the Crankshaft pulley? Can you post a picture? Take a picture with your phone if you have one and email it to yourself, is one of many ways to get a picture to show us, would be a great deal of help to us ...and we really do want to help!