why 2008 focus won't turn over and makes no noise when turning key?

swradabaugh
0

Asked by swradabaugh Aug 08, 2011 at 09:57 PM about the 2008 Ford Focus S

My car now will not turn over.  it makes no noise when i turn the key, even after getting it jumped.  nothing electrical works except the passenger airbag light will flicker when turning the key and the theft red light on the dash blinks every few seconds.  any help please!??!!

papa

sounds like your battery is dead.some will get to a point to where they wont jump start.(NOTE)with todays vehicles,it is not recomended to jump off one car with another.you may have a bad altanotor also.

Avinesh Prasad
50

My friends car has this same issue, she has to turn the key real hard or jiggle the switch just to get it started, I initially thought it was the starter, but it wasn't. The battery checked out fine, the starter checked out fine, I was left to believe that it may be the ignition switch. I don't want to rush the purchase of a new ignition switch because I don't know if she has a transponder switch or a non- transponder switch. I am beginning to think that the transponder might be what is going out.