caliber wont start

Bobbobear
0

Asked by Bobbobear May 13, 2013 at 08:52 PM about the 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT

Battery is fine....but car wont even turn over. Lights, radio, locks all work.What the
heck???

JimWieler
35

You say the battery is good. Try tightneing the connections on the battery posts. It may be that the battery can provide power for the lights, and other things, but when called upon for high current the voltage drops. Are the lights bright? Try to measure the voltage drop when you try to crank it. Or try to jump it.

operator_13

a ten year old battery is kaput...no amount of visiting with your bench charger will take back those ten years...they are not made from LEAD anymore, tin/antimony alloy is what they are now~....yeah, my poppa's a battery engineer goin on 35 years~

operator_13

will stop accepting a charge-up ten percent per year~

operator_13

If you live in the salt belt would recommend wire brushing the 1/0 battery cable to the chassis connection and the cable goin' to the engine as well~