2008 Saturn Vue V6 XR AWD Transmission Historical Issues

Ken2008
0

Asked by Ken2008 Feb 05, 2013 at 01:56 PM about the 2008 Saturn VUE XR V6 AWD

I have a 2008 Saturn Vue V6 XR AWD (3.6 L) and it has about 56,000.  It suddenly started to have transmission issues (excessive flare during upshifts and hessitation when in reverse) and I have it at the dealer under the 100,000 mile PT Warrenty.  My concern is that the dealer is doing the "minimal" - as he states it per GM's recommendations (expected!!) - which is to replace the ETU.  My concern is that the more I dig into this I see that it apperas there is a history of mechanical issues with this transmission and I am concerned it will be "band aided" to get past the last 6 months of my PT warrenty and then "I WILL OWN THE PROBLEM.  What can you tell me about the history of this transmission and do I have cause for concern?

Last item - NEW GM SINCE THE BANKRUPTCTY  -  HA!!!!!  
Motto still applies "I'LL SELL YOU CRAP 'CAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU BACK!!"

59,035

Try checking a Saturn forum such as - http://www.saturnforum.com/forum/ - to see if other owns are having the same problem.

GMCustomerService
2,015

Hi Ken2008, Sorry to hear you're having these issues with your Saturn. If you would like for me to research this further, I would be glad to reach out to the dealership on your behalf and follow the repairs you're having done. If so, please private message me at socialmedia@gm.com ATTN: Vanessa in the subject line. Please include your first and last name, the last 8-digits of your VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership. Look forward to your reply. Vanessa GM Customer Service