How to reset my gear shift when locked

Jamar Gause
0

Asked by Jamar Jan 16, 2013 at 07:01 PM about the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

My gear shift will not move from park to any other gears
and I've read the car manual on how to reset it and it still
will not reset to allow me to get it back working again. Can
someone please help.

DavidH25

Forgive me, but you do have your foot on the brake..right? Other than that I can't add to what the owners manual says

DavidH25

I did find..First verify all the fuses are good for the shift lock control system. Check fuse 12 and 21 in the junction block fuse box. Located the shift lock control unit behind the gauge cluster and check the powers and grounds and inputs to the shift lock control unit before replacing the unit and first verify brake lights operate if not replace brake light switch. There is a technical service bulletin released by nissan for this problem and the fix is replacing the lock control unit

towman1
90

push the break and see if it makes a click noise if not it is a break switch what is conected to the neutral safty switch it may have moved in that case you need to move the sensor foward

Cassie Sapphire
140

If anyone still signs on here thank you for the help ..the gear shift wouldn't move I checked everything right before I tried to move car I was changing my dome light it was a fuse that controls the inside lights and the gear shift . It was for a 2006 Nissan Altima .

abhinr84
50

So, what is the solution for it? I tried to adjust the dome light during driving and after some time I got this problem of gear shift. It was struck in drive and I couldn't move it to park. Thanks,

Cassie Sapphire
140

All it was for my car was a few fuses were blown they control te hear shift and the interior lights

abhinr84
50

I tied to adjust the dome light during driving and after some time I could smell something burning. I parked the vehicle and when I tried to put back to drive, the gear was not shifting and was struck in drive mode. Car engine offed and I could not move it back to park. The interior lights, wipers were stopped. I couldn't even turn the emergency lights or take the key out (as its not shifting to parking). is this what similar to your case? I am waiting for tomorrw mrning so that I can find a mechanic. Thanks for your reply.

Georgetta Lynch
0

I am have the same problem can anyone help is a 1995