What type of issue is this?

PinkRibbonSS
0

Asked by PinkRibbonSS Sep 02, 2013 at 05:55 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Impala SS

I have 2008 IMPALA SS and I had the positive battery cable end replaced and now I'm getting the message battery saver active. When this message comes up my ac cuts off although I can turn in back on. I know the car sends a signal to reserve the battery power. I didn't have this issue until I had the positive cable end replaced from corrosion..Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

70,355

Loose battery cable will cause this. Most times its the negative cable. Double check your battery connections on your new battery.

Best Answer
70,355

Oh you replaced the positive cable not battery. Double check your connections one of them is probably loose.

GMCustomerService
2,255

PinkRibbonSS, I see you are reaching out for advice. If you choose to have your GM dealership look into this concern please let us know. You can always email us your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership to socialmedia@gm.com for more assistance. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care

VetteLuvr
75

I have the same problem with my 09 Impala SS. Replaced the cable END with an aftermarket replacement. Dealer said I had to replace the entire cable (wiring harness) at a cost of $330. I said OK but said I doubted it would fix the problem. I was right. Dealer is struggling to find the problem.

VetteLuvr
75

Dealer seems to have fixed the problem. There is a sensor that has 3 small wires running to it that is likely taped to one of the large battery cables. It is not replaced as part of the main harness replacement. It is right above the battery. The dealer replaced that sensor and the problem seems to be gone. With mine, there never was an actual problem with the charging system - just the sensor that kept turning the Battery Saver Active message on.