Why do my 2008 F 350 Super Duty trailer lights not work?

AceLogan
0

Asked by AceLogan Jul 18, 2011 at 04:21 PM about the 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab LB 4WD

All truck lights work but the trailer stop and turn lights do not.  I have checked all fuses and relays I can find.

papa

if it has the plugin part that you can pull out-plug in,then hook trailor lights to,that is bad.can get a new one at any parts store.

toytech
110

just fixed the same problem on my exact same truck as yours. go to the fuse box that is under the hood on driver's side. there is a pump or vacuum switching valve sitting on top of fuse box. find the only 25 amp fuse in fuse box. that one is for trailer brake and blinker lights

truckchick
20

F350 DRW here... Would that explain them working, then not working?? I am frustrated. My lights on my bumper pull were working today, then quit.. which would be a fuse right?? But then I plugged in my gooseneck and all running, etc. lights work on it. Any suggestions??

sacred_dog
10

I have the same problem. when the obvious occurs, you figure: must be the fuse. I test the outlet to the trailer and there is no power (coincidentally, there are no license plate lights either). I tow the truck home with the trailer plugged in (and not working) park the truck , open the door, and suddenly, all the trailer lights come on! HOW could that be when I was testing the outlet, there was NO POWER? (and yes, I had the lights on, the flashers going, all that stuff) (and yes, my tester works). trucks are becoming like the darn space shuttle.