engine warning light

bradly1924
0

Asked by bradly1924 Oct 09, 2011 at 06:46 AM about the 2005 Mazda RX-8 6-Speed

hi, my engine warning light is on or flashing. also my engine sounds like its running
on 3 cylinders and very rough and under powered, then all of a sudden it clears up
and is normal again although engine management light remains flashing or stays on.
when its running rough and flat it also cuts out on idle. engine has sufficient oil in im
very concerned can anyone advise, kind regards ryan.

Joel Dockweiler
75

first off there are no pistons in your car. it is a Wankel rotary engine. have u taken it to someplace that can read the engine code? that will narrow down what is wrong with it. maybe a spark plug not firing.

lfsaenz
35

do you get a rattling noise? lose power? It may be that your engine is decompressed. It happened to mine. It will die anytime Id stop at an intersection, etc. Solution was to have the engine replaced which I learned later that it was very common with the rotary engine

Grant Clippinger
195

for 1 a rx8 has rotors not cylinders i advise you get rid of the car if you didnt know that there is too much you wont understand on this cars engine if that is the case sorry to burst your bubble but it probably would be for the best.

Spencer Adamson
75

what he said. RX-8's are most certainly not for people who don't know what's going on in their vehicle other than "If I press this pedal I go. If I press this pedal I stop" The problem being described is definitely a compression issue which can be caused by a couple things, namely, bad spark plugs or ignition coils, apex seal damage, rotor damage, or a good amount of carbon buildup in the engine

Grant Clippinger
195

you need a kanooter valve it attaches to the hose that hooks up to your blinker fluid hope that helps