My 2003 Infinity G35 engine shuts off

samth1
70

Asked by samth1 May 05, 2012 at 03:25 PM about the 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I have a 2003  Infinity G35 sedan the engine will die at a stop, the check engine light, slip light and VDO light will come on . I took it to a repair shop they told me it had bank 2 camshaft position sensor & knock sensor codes. They wanted $1800.00 to change out both camshaft position sensors, crankshaft position sensor & knock sensor. I changed out bank 2 camshaft position sensor, knock sensor, cleaned intake manifold & throttle body, changed out right side valve cover (leaking oil into 2 spark plug wells) & new irridium spark plugs. reassembled everything. Started car, ran fine  for about a day and started doing the same thing. any suggestions would be great.  

samth1
70

I changed the bank 1 camshaft position sensor instead of the bank 2 camshaft position sensor. When I changed the correct sensor, the car started & ran good, it has been 3 weeks with no problems.

garcoininc
40

change out bank one sensor also , there was a recall on this ,but I don't think it's expensive. Are you getting a crank position sensor code n your scanner these were also defective on early infinitis. Also lube up the throttle valve shaft and make sure the throttle valve is not sticking closed. Mine was ,same symptom idle drop and stalling whenever I stopped. Cleaning the throttle valve thoroughly fixed this car is running good

british81
110

i have the same problem in my 2004 g35...the mechanic said i have to replace 3senosrs and it comes to about $300..which isnt bad finding out each sensor is roughly around $70-80 a piece..do i have to replace all the sensors or just one..im seeing people state that they changed only one(cam shaft sensor in bank 1)..so do i really have to replace all 3 or just that 1..

assessor
30

key switch can cause this problem..computers read for sensors but wont be accurate so u'll find ur self spending plenty money..

jermaine3715
50

I have a 2007 Infiniti g35 a change out the camshaft sensors and bank one actually you both of them on the passenger side of the engines an it still stalling out what else could be the problem

jermaine3715
50

I have a 2007 Infiniti g35 i change out the camshaft sensors and bank one actually both of them on the passenger side of the engines an it still stalling out what else could be the problem

kdtodd17
0

My 2006 G35 just had all 3 lites come on yesterday. Ive been doing some research & they said that if the throttle body needs to be changed it can cause some of the same symptoms, Jermaine3715? I am about to call Nissan & get a price on the CAM sensors, I think my husband can change these with no problem, but if the Dealer doesnt charge too much I may go ahead & let them do it..