scion making a screeching sound coming from the belt area

izquierdo
5

Asked by izquierdo Jan 28, 2014 at 02:38 PM about the 2008 Scion xD Base

i changed the belt and alternator still makes the sound. makes sound when its cold or
when am turning to a corner or the ac is on. how do i fix this problem am starting to think
its one of the pully

45,825

If new belt and still making noises probably a pulley. Inspect pulleys. Can use a hard vacuum cleaner hose or PVC pipe to listen for which one is bad. Hold one end to your ear and carefully position the other end around the pulleys. When noise is the loudest you will be close to the bad one.

You think this is helpful.