My 2004 tahoe had a clicking noise or sounded like a motor was running under drivers side after I turned the Tahoe off. It drained my battery so I unhooked the battery. What is under there and how do I fix this?

webdesignfarm
25

Asked by webdesignfarm Sep 08, 2007 at 10:41 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD

My 2004 tahoe had a clicking noise or sounded like a motor was running UNDER the drivers side after I turned the Tahoe off as I didn't hear it until later. It drained my battery so I unhooked the battery. What is under there and how do I fix this?

28,375

Are you sure it isn't the driver's side power seat motor? There shouldn't be anything running underneath the driver's side...Perhaps a power window motor is running? Is it still causing the problem?

webdesignfarm
25

Actually, after checking with the dealer, we found out that it was the ABS module and it needed to be replaced for a nice fee of around $1100! Not a happy ending, but it sure was a curious issue as it was like nothing I had seen before. Thanks for your response though.

Diekster
55

I ran into a similar occurance in July 2010 except my ABS light came on. I pulled over, turned off the engine, started it back up and the ABS light stayed on. I went home (20 minute drive) pulled in my garage, shut off the engine and there was a very noticable motor running from under the drivers side. It was the ABS motor. I had to pull the ABS fuse to make it stop. Yeah, the dealer said $800 plus labor but I was able to get a good mechanic at a small place to rebuild one for an out the door total of $450. Sweet! Works great 5 months later!

achevymanok
20

It is your ABS system. It is about $1,100 fix. You can simply pull ABS fuse and it will work fine. You will not have ABS. It happened to be down in Fla. what a bid hassle. Had to get a motel room cause batter was drained and had to find a dealer. NOT FUN when you are 600 miles from home. I unplugged the fuse and drove home without any problem.