Air Suspension Lincoln Navigator

LMF
0

Asked by LMF Feb 03, 2010 at 07:23 PM about the 2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate

Do not PURCHASE Lincoln Navigator replacement suspension products from STRUTMASTERS UNLESS you want your once nice kick ass looking ride to look like a four wheel drive Hummer!

No longer will your ride sit fat on 22’s and catch that look you paid for when buying the Navi…noooooo, now you get to look like a “ratard”.

I purchased the coil over struts to replace my failing air ride system, and NOWHERE on STRUTMASTERS website OR accompanying instructions is it mentioned that your ride will ride SOOOOO high. (Gee, I wonder why? Perhaps because if potential purchasers knew this, we would consider something else? Or make us sign a waiver that the ride height would be forever altered?)

When the vehicle was at the Lincoln dealer for service after installation of the STRUTMASTER product, the service manager approached me as I was paying my bill and asked if I wanted them to investigate why the vehicle height was so askew.

(What does THAT tell you.)

Anyway, the final answer from the company salesperson who sold them to me after months of asking for a refund or re-engineered product? He assured me that I was the ONLY person complaining as they had installed hundreds of systems on many navigators for numerous Lincoln dealers…and yet would not provide any contact information so I could inquire as to the satisfaction or measurements of such installs. “I wish you well.” I wish you well? That’s it?

Bottom line? Buy STRUTMASTER products AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want to see before and afters, drop me an email. louiefrias@cox.net

DUSTIN_STRUTMASTERS
20

My name is Dustin from Strutmasters i've taken a look at the photo's you've presented and wanted to mention a couple of things. First off all you had an air suspension problem before you put the kit in, which made the vehicle lower second of all your tires and wheels are not factory which will change the stance of the vehicle. I assure you that we sale 100's of these every month and until I found this forum post I have never heard of one being to high. If you are looking to replace your air suspension in this vehicle with a more reliable conversion kit just give me a call at 336-330-2359 (if i'm not in leave me a voicemail). I also apologize for the lowsy answer that your sales reps. gave you on how high the vehicle is. Or if you have any other questions send me an email at dustin@strutmasters.com

DonDaniels
30

I disagree with you. I have purchased several kits from Strutmasters. On my own car which was a 2002 Navigator the ride was great. I love the price of the kit! I also purchased a kit for my moms Lincoln Town Car and and on for my aunt. I have never had an issue with any of their kits or their customer service.

PaulLeir
10

I Disagree with you too. I have bought a kit for my Navigator and loved it. There are so many cars with these air ride products that keep breaking, it is a great thing that Strutmasters offers products to fix them. I certainly would buy from them again.

roro_lem
100

Sadiegirl, what area do you live...i've just began having problems with my 03' Navigator and definitley want to purchase the conversion kit, but i don't know who can install it for me...how much did you pay? What's the average cost for labor to have someone install it?

Shawna
10

WOW... i have to say... you are can state your case but I ordered from Strutmasters and was very happy with my kit. I dont see a lot of bad things said about them at all. My car was so bad off and the local garage was trying to charge me over $2000 to fix the thing. As old as it is I'm surprised it still runs. Anyway... I bought the four wheel kit for my car and I love it! Sorry you don't like it.. did you call them and resolve the issue with them before you made up your mind about the their products.

Blueoval
0

I work for Ford ... I own a 2006 Nav .... I replaced the air suspension with STRUTMASTER... and I agree with you, it did make my NAV look like a 4 wheel drive (and I later found out at a dealership with a competent mechanic that my initial problem, was not caused by my air suspension - so, my air suspension was really OK). I was told by the sales rep. @ Strutmaster that over time the spring would give and settle to a more desirable height (Was he serious???). I was not pleased with the height, but to be fair... I was more satisfied with the handling of the Nav. after installation (better handling of curves in the mts. of NC and less swaying when following / passing semi-trucks). Can you have it all???

Luisa
10

hey I have the same problem with my navigator did u found someone to replace it how much they charge you? it is too expensive ....let me know luisafigueroa1@verizon.net

SLAGGBLASTER
120

STRUTMASTER HAS SPAMMED EVERY SITE THAT HAS ASKED THE QUESTION ON HOW TO KILL THE " CHECK SUSPENSION " LIGHT ON NAVIGATORS. HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR 98 NAVIGATORS AND SIMILAR. BUY COIL SPRINGS FOR A 98 EXPEDITION FROM THE JUNK YARD FOR ABOUT $140 FOR THE PAIR, NON-AIR SHOCKS FOR $80 PAIR FROM AUTOZONE AND YOUR DONE! I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT SPAMS IT'S PRODUCT ON HELP SITES BY USING PHONEY ENDORSEMENTS LIKE THE ONES ABOVE. AND ONE LAST THING, IT IS TRUE THAT YOUR RIDE WILL BE MORE TRUCK LIKE AFTERWARDS, BUT A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS OF TOOLS IN THE BACK WILL SOFTEN THE RIDE AND WILL BE A LOT SAFER THEN HAVING YOUR SUSPENSION GO OUT AT 60MPH WHILE HAULING AROUND YOUR KID AND 4 OF HIS FRIENDS

deviceguy
20

First I would like to state that I can afford to keep fixing the continuing issues with the air ride suspension on my 2004 Navigator Ultimate by why? I would rather take the extra $2 or $3k I flush down the toilet every couple years and put it to something more worthwhile. I did purchase the Strutmaster package and no I don't work for them, I work for a med device company. It took me a while to get them installed as it was a bugger to get the 30mm bolts unstuck but once done they went in with relative ease. The ride is different, bumpier but definitely more stable. It corners like never before. My wife misses my the soft ride but loves the extra cash. Pick your battles.

apriljousma
20

I also ordered the strutmasters conversion kit for my 04 Navigator in 2011 my problem is I can;t get anyone to answer emails or call me back. The problem with my conversion kit is it sits so low like it's sagging and I don;t tow with it the rear sits way low. I'm about to order new springs from someone else cause I can't get a hold of anyone so I can get replacements at least.

Ggman61
10

I am having a problem with one side on the front and thinking of converting to coil. Just not sure what brand to go with?

Samuel12345
0

All these answers favoring STRUTMASTERS are B.S. They all work for them and It could be the same guy posting under different names. First they are very expensive more than double what MONROE charges for the same kit with a better quality. This is what we call SPAMMING. Be careful before you spend your hard earned $$$$$$$

Susan Hendricks-Hopewell
0

I have a 2000 navigator,and love my air suspension. We did have it go out, took it to local lincoln dealer for diagnosis only, no work, and it was a simple relay, very cheap to fix. I would NEVER change over to coil. In the past we bought a towncar that was dragging rear end, and again, not expensive parts, and DH did all the work himself.