shut off the check suspension light

JohnMcLaugh
0

Asked by JohnMcLaugh Apr 06, 2010 at 05:10 PM about the 2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium 4WD

How Do you shut off the check suspension light after you replace the air suspension system

derekpeters2010
20

I cant quite remember how we took care of that on my Navigator. I know when we ordered our conversion kit from Strutmasters it came with instructions on all of the install procedures and the ride light. Strutmasters has great customer service and they helped me when I had any issues with my kit. I would call them. Good luck.

stevekantercool
120

Are you saying that you converted to springs, or repaired the air bag system? If you repaired the air bag system, contact the dealer where you purchased the parts. If you converted to springs, contact the distributor that you purchased the conversion kit from. When I convert Navigators, I just put a piece of black electrical tape over the "air bag light".

SLAGGBLASTER
120

STRUTMASTER HAS SPAMMED EVERY SITE THAT HAS ASKED THE QUESTION ON HOW TO KILL THE " CHECK SUSPENSION " LIGHT ON NAVIGATORS. HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR 98 NAVIGATORS AND SIMILAR. BUY COIL SPRINGS FOR A 98 EXPEDITION FROM THE JUNK YARD FOR ABOUT $140 FOR THE PAIR, NON-AIR SHOCKS FOR $80 PAIR FROM AUTOZONE AND YOUR DONE! I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT SPAMS IT'S PRODUCT ON HELP SITES BY USING PHONEY ENDORSEMENTS LIKE THE ONES ABOVE. AND ONE LAST THING, IT IS TRUE THAT YOUR RIDE WILL BE MORE TRUCK LIKE AFTERWARDS, BUT A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS OF TOOLS IN THE BACK WILL SOFTEN THE RIDE AND WILL BE A LOT SAFER THEN HAVING YOUR SUSPENSION GO OUT AT 60MPH WHILE HAULING AROUND YOUR KID AND 4 OF HIS FRIENDS

jimboknows
60

Or better yet, just buy the kit from Monroe. The kit has everything you need and cost $240. Strutmaster wanted $700. It rode very good after conversion.

Trevor Lavigne
10

i agree with jimboknows the kit from monroe 2 springs and 4 shocks (front coilovers to compensate for the air springs) you get all sensatrac shocks for a lower price then if you had bought them sepratly and only take a couple hours in the driveway. bam your done and you dont need to be a mechanic either. ahaynes or chilton manual on changing springs n shocks and anyone can do it

jimmyarango
300

Here are the instructions on how to disable the ck suspension warning light. http://www.suncoreindustries.com/instructions/53F-30-R.pdf

James Adams
40

To Mr I'm better than everyone else because I keep wasting money on replacing my air shocks...... Springs are way more reliable and safer.....