96' Acura 2.5 TL Limited won't start, won't turn over, Nothing. No sounds.

Richie Kopakowski
0

Asked by Richie Mar 03, 2013 at 10:39 PM about the 1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium Sedan

My car has ran beautifully since I purchased it about a year ago, from a garage in a low income
neighborhood, and I am now reaching the 200k mile mark. That being said I did have ONE issue
BEFORE today, the coolant- The radiator overflow top popped once and I changed the radiator
cap on it and the hose burst so I replaced that- problem solved, other than that just regular
upkeep. This afternoon I got in my car on the way to work and... NOTHING. 1st Thought- Bad
battery. Had my Dad stop by to give me a jump. No help. The lights were the same brightness,
radio, radar detector, phone charger, all worked fine, but the car won't start. So I figured after
the radiator hose incident it may be a corroded starter, but i wasn't getting any clicking or
anything. But I also know that car has tons of fuses that can cause issues such as mine. While
digging around under the hood, and then under the passenger side I realized just how rigged up
this car REALLY was. I did repairs on the lights and changed a couple fuses for cosmetic
purposes more or less, so I knew there was some.. but I came across an unknown unhooked
cable. Then When I tried to start the car there was an extra light on the dash saying SRS or
something to that affect. I don't know, but I thought better left the way it was because there is a
remote start system that was put in the car at some point and halfway taken out. The box for it
still dangles under the drivers side dash. I'm scared to mess with it. Now I notice the security light
doesn't go on when I lock the door like it usually does. I'm gonna have to rent a car for tomorrow
not to lose my job... and my newborn has a doctor's appointment the next day. I'm extremely
strapped for cash. Can ANYONE please give me a rundown of what this problem most likely is? .
Like where to start? How to at least get it to a mechanic? The starter must be at a completely
unreachable position BC while I'm pretty sure I have an aftermarket engine (Straight 5) so I don't
see it at ALL. Are there fuses I can replace, things I can do to check and see if they work before
I max out my credit cards and spend the last of my money in an attempt to keep my job by
having it towed to Pep Boys?

judge_roy

SRS=airbag system "seat restraint system" Your motor is dead..no hope, cash it in at a salvage yard.

judge_roy

it got cooked and won't turn over....please call a genie-

7jimmy7
11,475

try locking and unlocking doors manually [security] check fuses,any changes while working on it? look for reset button under dash glove box for self start, forget pep boys for this one ,keep trying un hook bat. a while maby reset something

drnour
115

Looks like immobiliser issue. Try taking battery off for a couple mins. However you probably should either refit or completely remove that security system.

demontoad117
215

The issues these guys are saying could be quite possible but from my exsperiences i believe its ur starter and ur contacts internally in said starter are worn and not functioning so a replacement is neccessary should be around 100 dollars and if u get a shop to insttall it will be around 120 for labour.

demontoad117
215

the starter is at the rear bottom of engine, points inside the bell housing of the transmission, u will need to jack the car off the ground to see it and get at it for repair

freya34
265

I had something like this happen. The master ignition relay had failed. I got the part from a dealer and installed it myself.

judge_roy

Ignition Relay....not every car has one...

Bradley Shelledy
775

take the starter off and have it tested at autozone or the like