Would love advice and any personal stories about 97 Acura TL 3.2 (possible first Car)

Ricardo Hernandez
0

Asked by Ricardo Nov 04, 2012 at 03:39 AM about the 1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium Sedan

I'm in the process of purchasing a 97 acura tl 3.2L with 97k miles. The dealer is willing to sell it out the
door for $5,500.00. Pros: clean exterior, drives smooth, no apparent leaks. Cons: ok interior (little cracks
on leather), needs new tires (prob. 3 moths left), cracked windshield ( spider crack ~5cm in diameter, on
top left quadrant). The dealer is willing to detail the car and that's it. Please provide me stories of your
experiences with acuras of this model and year. Thank you  

John Leone
3,845

been a mechanic for some time, can't honestly remember one "common" problem to that car.be sure ALL electric options work:..do a CARFAX CARFAX CARFAX: what is the kelley blue book value for your area on the car? any warranty at all? and HIGHLY suggest the $125.00 or so to have a second opinion/inspection done by HONDA OR ACURA, (it is common to have done in the dealer world). As a first car, it it nice, sporty, for the leather, Mothers Leather conditioner, in a red bottle (looks like a mini-fire extinguisher) car-quest can order it, it revives and restores the leather, prevents cracking, (a personal choice and used on all my cars). Hope I helped some, any other thoughts message me