Spark plug wire keeps getting stuck inside the spark plug.

L Drag Vang
25

Asked by L Drag May 25, 2012 at 02:03 PM about the 1997 Acura Integra 2 Dr LS Hatchback

Just bought a 97 Integra LS. When i turn the spark plug wire it turns but can't take it out. The rubber piece on the bottom of
the plastic tube keeps getting stuck. Took it to the shop cost me 48 bucks for them to just take it out so i only had one taken
out since it was damage, but they wont tell me how they took it out since the other 3 is still stuck in there. Didin't want to
spend money on them to just taking a spark plug wire out. Let me know if theres a way around it. I tried using a vise grip
and the plastic tube just breaks off. Im completely frustrated and now thinking about just swapping a new engine in it.

aztec626bf
6,515

Get yourself a spark plug wire puller. Twist the wire as you pull the wire and boot from the plug.

Braddley Belval
55

or get a metal coat hanger, twist it with pliers so that you have two ends poking out, then twist it and pull at the same time.