engine reliably,problems

Rod Garrow
0

Asked by Rod Sep 08, 2013 at 06:43 AM about the 1985 Buick Regal 2-Door Coupe

1985 buick regal limited

82,675

I'd be more concerned about the reliability of the other components on the car. Engines aren't really an issue if the oil was changed regularly. The car is 28 years old and worth about $1000.

Rod Garrow
0

Thanks Tom, internet explorer and g-mail were haveing issues and the result for me was dissapearing mail, basicly my whole mail system suffered. Which is why I don't recall asking the question u answered, although I am currently looking at a 1985 Buick Regal limited, there are no issues with the motor, the car is imaculate with a new 6000.00 paint job, a rebuilt motor at 2k now has 25k and lots of up grades. My question:- is a price tag of 8500.00 a little to much or a lot to much. I should point that the underbody is clean, there no issues and I like the car. Thanks Rod

Kevin Ketsa
85

Up here they are worth a few bucks due to the scarcity but if the car is in that good of shape shoot for 6k. I have been offered 3k and an 1982 Elcamino. it looked like the one off of My name is earl though.

You think this is helpful.
Rod Garrow
0

Thanks to all for your valuable information

Coolbrezz
5

I have a 1984 Buick regal limited with sunroof electric climate touch control cornering lamps 282 engine it would aluminum intake loaded with everything there's not too many of these made someone has one like it let me know

Jason Zane
3,135

i had a rebuilt 3.8L ..it was ok but the block was older than my original. factory rebuild has 60k miles on it now and is still running strong though.

Coolbrezz
5

Well I'm sorry Jason that you don't have yours anymore I'm pretty sure it was a nice car but it was not nicer than mine because if it was you still have it you did not have all the options I have in mind I have every option that a Cadillac had that year every option there is very few was made that year. This car was ordered personally with all these options. Very cute

Jason Zane
3,135

just puttting an example for rod that rebuilds do last long. i miss the Rivi but my uncle needed a car.. so it was gifted. had a g body Grand prix too.. the carb needed a rebuild.