I own a 1981 Buick Regal with a blown motor and I want to sell it. Several people said I could sell it for 1-2 grand because of the parts etc.. I don't really believe that since the motor is blown. What is the real price range of a car like that? Has less than 100k miles on it.

Jana
5

Asked by Jana Aug 03, 2007 at 07:41 PM about the 1981 Buick Regal 2-Door Coupe

My grandfather owned a 1981 Buick Regal with a blown engine. He passed away last year. I need to sell his car, but have no idea of the value. Some people told me it was worth a lot since those cars are popular among young men. The car has about 100k miles on it.
Everything else works fine, but it does need a new motor. I thought it wa worthless because it doesn't run, but people have told me otherwise. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jana

17,645

Average "low" price of am 81 is about $1050, but thats for a vehicle with an engine. Unfortunately the car may be worth more to you as a tax deduction is you donate it.

hushjones
0

i have been looking for a 1981 buick regal that needs work. if you send me pictures of the body and interior, i"ll gladly make you an offer i am sure you could"nt refuse. this is my dream car, and am very interested. please reply with pictures... hushjones@gmail.com

sportsfanphoto
0

Oh, I am so sorry. I actually sold it about a year ago to one of those car people in the penny saver that pay for old cars. I didn't make much, but had to get rid of it since my husband had just passed away and I was in dire straits. The post I originally sent to cargurus was in 2007. Thank you for your interest. Good luck in your quest for your dream car.