Can I charge my car's battery without starting my car? only starting the other car that is jumping mine?

John Smith
0

Asked by John Mar 25, 2013 at 07:40 PM about the 1999 Acura CL 2 Dr 2.3 Coupe

cant start my car till i get a code tom. car has been sitting for weeks. afraid it wont start tom.

7jimmy7
9,645

sure, but its a lot slower ,unless you disconnect a cable from the running car while jumpers are still connected

45,905

Hook up the cables like normal and keep the running engine at around 1500-2000 RPM to spin the alternator faster. If you have a meter, hook it to the battery and you can watch the voltage drop as the non running car battery charges. It would run it at least a half hour. -- You can also remove the battery and take it somewhere that has a charger.