Lift Gate will not open

Judy Fisk
15

Asked by Judy Apr 04, 2011 at 06:55 PM about the 2007 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury

Lift Gate will not open, the other doors will unlock with remote but not the LIFT GATE. Has any one had this same thing happen with there Suzuki?

Peer
350

I have the same problem since yesterday (also XL7 2007) . I changed the 15A fuse (in slot no.4) but no success... the four doors all lock / unlock with the remote, but there's no sound or click from the liftgate.

Sheila Tharp
200

this just happened to my lift gate as well....looking for a non expensive solution.

Riskmb
60

Hello. At me the same problem. How you have solved it?

ScoutyP
40

I am having this issue too. If anyone finds an answer please let me know. The doors unlock but the hatch does not....ugggg.

tech13158
155

Found this on another forum. I ordered part # 82850-78J00 and waiting to replace it when I receive it. I just finished replacing my tailgate touch-pad. I tried GM and Suzuki dealers for the part - Suzuki was cheaper and got the part faster for me (London, ON). Cost was around $28 CDN. The worst problem I had was removing the rear wiper so that the outside plastic trim piece could be removed. I enlisted the help of a glass replacement shop who used a good puller tool to take it off for me. The guy who helped me didn't charge for it and said that I could also have used a heat gun to heat the wiper arm and it would have expanded and come off easier. Interesting failure mode on the old part - it corroded where it is located inside of the hatch housing; the internal pad area looks new! I made sure to put never-seize on the wiper before reassembling.

TonytheWoodsman
995

The touch pad in the lift gate corrodes inside. I have a 2008 XL7. I took the lift-gate apart. I had to use a Dremel tool to grind the plastic away to expose the ends of the copper strip that corroded. I soldered in a piece of copper wire. I had to replace the screws in the touch pad also because they were corroded too. The trouble with the design is that you can't pull the touch-pad out after taking out two screws, because the opening is not wide enough to get the connector through the opening. I did grind the opening wider before I put the touch-pad housing back on. I used ATV sealer to seal all the seams and over the repaired part.This Suzuki website will let you view the service manual for $3.99/ day. A great deal to get the correct info for your Suzuki. https://suzukipitstopplus.com

Virgogirl
0

You might want to file a complaint with Transport Canada. I had the same problem! https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

Virgogirl
0

Apparently, it's $80 for the part, plus labour = approx $200!

Virgogirl
0

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-defectinvestigations-index-76.htm

vickiwats
40

I had this problem with my 2007 xl7 and it was just a matter of changing out the fuse. It is fuse number 4 in the interior fuse box a 15amp fuse. Your book will tell you which fuse is the number 4 fuse if you are unsure. I had to buy a pack of about 5 fuses from the local autoparts store but it was only a few dollars. Much chearper than taking it to the mechanic.

junkcar58
10

repaired mine same as above was very helpful tech13158 (Thanks)

roadrash
20

not sure what the actual problem was but i ran a fused hot wire from fuse panel to a push button i mounted in glove box removed fuse #4 and ran other wire from push button to fuse #4 now i push a button and it opens. Remove fuse #4 before running wire to it. Use bottom terminal of fuse 4

You think this is helpful.
Southerner
55

The one vendor is telling me that Suzuki part# 82850-78J00 has been superceded by part # 8285078J01 and that part is around $63 where the other one was around $23! My 2008 XL7 developed the lift gate problem this past weekend. Is there a USA agency that it can be reported to? Especially if it is a poor design.

Carrissa Sanchez
30

I have a Suzuki XL7 and mine just stopped working too. I replace fuse #4 and it still is not working. I guess I will be stuck with the crazy expensive labor charge now.

TonytheWoodsman
995

Read my answer above. It is most likely the press pad that is rusted internally. A generic horn button would do what that press pad in the hatch does.

You think this is helpful.
dshaffern
0

I have the same problem it just stopped working. Whats the cheapest way to get it fixed

Jason N Ashley Voss
0

I have an 2007 XL7 and my lift gate started not working this weekend. I there a website you can go to, to order the part. I have tried to replace the fuse and it wasn't that.