water Damage

yankeetodd
35

Asked by yankeetodd Aug 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM about the 2006 Hummer H2 SUT Base

I have a 2006 HUMMER TRUCK IT'S BEEN
UNDER THE WATER THE HOLE TRUCK
WHAT'S THE. BEST WAY TOO GET IT
GOING AGAIN. I DIDN'T TRY TOO START IT
AFTER IT DIED IN THE WATER. HOW DO I
KEEP THE INTERIOR FROM STINKING.? DO
I. NEED A NEW MOTOR?

aztec626bf
6,545

You really have some work for your self. The key is to get things dry quick to avoid corrosion and rust. The motor is really the least of the worries. You have to get things dry quick to stop corrosion on all the electrical areas. As far as the engine just get new oil and filter in it and run it. You will need to change ALL the fluids run it and change them again. You have to get the moisture out of all the components on the drivetrain to avoid rust and corrosion internally. I would check around for a shop that has experience doing dry-outs. The first days after drowning your vehicle are critical for long-term success.