I am replacing my clutch and I have made it to where I have to remove the clutch cover. It seems to be stuck because I have it unbolted but it won't come off. Is their a release somewhere that I need to remove or something?

harris2136
0

Asked by harris2136 Dec 03, 2012 at 08:30 AM about the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 4 Dr Turbo AWD Sedan

2004 Subaru impress wrx sti 2.5l
Removing the clutch with transmission taken out and not engine

jtolfree
175

Is the clutch engauged or do you have it in park or nuetral. If it is in park then try putting it in neutral. As far as i remember i had my ford ranger in neutral when i replaced the clutch

Scott Crawford
35

my mind goes to the clutch release fork and pin but sounds like ur already past that. the only other thing is once u take out the clutch cover bolts there are some pins that keep it lined up so make sure you take it off square. If i remember right it took a little more force than i though it would. . . .ya keep here in nutral