what would cause the fan motor to continuously run even after the car has been turned off, on a 1996 Oldsmobile 98

hemii137
0

Asked by hemii137 Dec 27, 2013 at 03:08 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

judge_roy

well this is supposed to happen to bring down the latent heat to a nice cool level...but if defective....get a new block thermosat....there's a gauge thermostat...air intake thermostat and possibly a "wand"switch on the radiator shoved between the fins~ if it stays running more than three minutes...we have a problem Houston~