Why does my Oldsmobile ninety-eight continue to hesitate and cut off while driving?

ridge222
50

Asked by ridge222 Feb 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

I replaced my fuel filter, fuel pump, and the ignition module and I still have hesitation and then she will cut off. I wait about 10-15 minutes and then she will start up like normal and drive like nothing happened. It seems that when she warms up, that's when I have problems and the mechanics seem to think that it is a sensor but they cannot locate it. The car is in good shape with only 155,000 miles with no leaks from the engine.

Dustin McNees
65

Fill up your gas tank , Drive around see if it does it.

Dustin McNees
65

Does it cut out at half a tank of gas or close to empty? I had the same car it would work when the gas tank was full 2 half a tank. Under half it would cut out??

ridge222
50

Usually when its a half a tank of gas or less the car cuts off. I just replaced the ICM about 2 weeks ago and the fuel filter.

ridge222
50

Wouldn't that be a fuel injection problem?

Dustin McNees
65

yeah if you hook it up to a code reader the code would come up A/C hot? so then I would un plug the evaporation canister& check for a vacuum leak on your intake manifold. sounds like you might have to live with it or just sold the car :(

cjvino
10

Mass air flow sensor