how do i service transmission fluid on a 2005 Jaguar X-Type

aceone04
0

Asked by aceone04 Apr 23, 2012 at 01:52 PM about the 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L

transmission shutters when trying to pick up speed.

Raihan Ahmed
515

Tranny on da jag is sealed for life, it is not recommended to change fluid. Shutters might be something else, go to autozone get the trouble codes , its usually a vacumm leak, changing breather hose and brake booster linkage , imt o-ring fixes the leak and acceleration.If it still has problems still want to change the fluid go to :http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type- 14/how-flush-check-fluid-level-auto-trans-4186/

BAMPIE
0

IF I SHUT OFF MY DSC ON OUR 2004 X TYPE AWD 3.0 I CAN STEP ON THE THROTTLE AND NO PROBLEM.WHEN THE DSC IS ON IT SHUTTERS WHEN I STEP ON THE THROTTLE.SHIFTS GOOD ASLONG AS I DRIVE IT NORMAL.THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WELL COME ON AFTER AND SAYS CYLINDER MIS FIRE.ONLY DOES IT SOME TIMES.

05XTypeSport
65

Not sealed for life (as the transfer case is) and the fluid gets so dirty and loses so much viscosity, that i now plan on changing (drain and refill) mine every 12k miles. Might be overkill i know, but the difference before and after my first change, along with the $30 cost, make it more than worth it for me.Do check the link posted above for assistance. Some great posts there. Cheers!