1991 Chevy lumina

Kittykatie
0

Asked by Kittykatie Jun 04, 2013 at 02:51 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

I've had my Chevy for about two years only has 57 thousand and it will randomly shut off
when I stop and will say service engine soon. And won't start back up unless I hit the gas
pedal then it acts fine when It does start back up.. I have no idea what it could be my dad
just changed the gas filter but it still does that... What's going on?

108,975

Obviously, since the SES light is on your car is telling you something is wrong. Only way to know exactly is to scan the cars computer for the fault codes. Drive over to your local auto parts store to have then scan the car and post the 4 digit codes back here and we can proceed accordingly. Guessing what is wrong can be an expensive proposition.

90V6RedHotLuminaEuro
835

...optionally, a Haynes manual will tell you how to read your codes without a scanner, and what they translate to... it's a handy reference guide, and could be fun reading as well... and here's something from the web..... http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/