won't start after filling up with gas

drbury
0

Asked by drbury Apr 22, 2012 at 07:16 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr LT Sedan

After filling up the car will not start for an hour. It turns over but doesn't fire.

jho
130

try starting with fuel cap off?

Kevin Robinson
925

so it took u an hoour to start at gas station ?

Matt Hill
915

sounds like you arent getting spark for one reason or another, not sure if you have a timing belt but if that broke then that will stop your distributor from turning if you have one which I think you do being a 91.

Kevin Robinson
925

if not getting spark it usually cam or crank sensor , inspect all vacuum hoses also

drbury
0

Filled it up at a gas station (engine running - I know) had no problems. 20 to 30 starts later she wouldn't start. Check for spark and it was OK. Had no pressure when I depressed the rail relief valve. Next day when I came with the tow trailer it started right up. Any Ideas?? Tried check the relay but unsure of connections.

Matt Hill
915

Your fuel pump may be going out, you should be able to hear it prime for 2-5 seconds when you first turn the key on but dont start the car.

papaskwirl
20

Don't know if this will help. I had hard starting problems and it turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator. Stopped at station, started rough, pulled 30 feet to parking. Fuel running out of manafold. That could also explain no pressurfe at rail relief valve.

Travis Hoyle
275

fuel pump