What is wrong if my directional is not working?

jessescar
0

Asked by jessescar Dec 10, 2012 at 02:49 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Beretta 2 Dr STD Coupe

when the turning signal is stiwched to right or left the light on the dash stays a sold color and does not blink. however the outside light doesnt work.

12,815

Bad flasher, I wouldn't say bad bulbs since its doing it on both sides. Locate the flashers for the hazards and turn signals and swap them. They should be identical. If that doesn't work then test the turn signal switch.

12,815

Easiest way to find the flashers is to turn on your hazards with everything else off and follow the click.

Tom Torres
1,425

i agree with john but if the flasher is bad then y will it start working for the hazards so the method to find it would pointless if it didnt click the location is under left side of dash near fuse box

12,815

GM was good for putting hazard and turn signal flashers as separate flashers instead of one up until the mid-late 90s, when they went to the relay style flasher. I replaced my friends heater core in his 96 s10 over the weekend and it had separate flashers behind the cig lighter panel. My 92 regal (same location as you describe for this car) and 87 firebird (under the hood at the firewall, next to the fuel pump relay) also had two flashers, one for turn and one for hazard. Its would be a very simple task to swap them if this is your case.

12,815

Turn signal and hazard flashers on my friends s10. Two round black things center towards the bottom.

Tom Torres
1,425

yeah ur right i looked it up earlier on this application they are around the same location