2000 Lesabre Limited

TGooberPea
35

Asked by TGooberPea Jan 01, 2011 at 01:13 PM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited

My headlight button/switch stuck in the on position.  I was checking relays before I found the real culprit and must have put one micro relay in the wrong position. I am attaching a photo. Would someone compare this to their fuse box and help me figure out which relay is in the wrong spot?
-Thnx

need2fix
10

I am struggling with my relay box because mine is supposed to look like this and does not. Your micro relays are all in the correct sockets but there is one missing - for the front courtesy lamps only. I am going to take a pic of mine to examine but yours is as in my manual.Why did you think a micro fuse was in the wrong position?

TGooberPea
35

I think it's wrong because I still don't have turn signals, speedo and tac working. So, #53 - FRT CTSY is missing. I didn't throw any of them away, so I have one in the wrong spot and don't know which one. I think I'm going to go and buy 4 relays and plug them in the open spots. Thanks for your post and I would like to see your photo.

need2fix
10

my photo will not help you as it is very different than in our manual. Too bad for me because now there seems to be nothing indicated in my setup as Trunk Release which is the relay I am looking for. Here is the diagram you need though. Good luck. PS obviously I am no gurus! Just a woman who has many brothers who are experts but live far from me LOL. And I just like to fix things myself. (page 2-3 will follow diagram)

need2fix
10

page 2

need2fix
10

page 3 (and now I have a scanner cover to fix LOL)

need2fix
10

FWI this is mine

TGooberPea
35

Wanting to FIY. Good for you. But with the modern auto-computers and electronics, it is definitely a real challenge. I'm attaching a scan of the label attached to my fuse box cover, which is generally like the documents you sent. However, it looks nothing like the photo of your fuse box. Mine is located under the rear seat, next to the battery and your photo looks like it is under the hood. Is your Buick a 2000, and did you look under the back seat?

TGooberPea
35

I think I found my mistake, thanks to your documents. My list is abbreviated to the point of unintelligible, while your list spelled everything out. I do not have a rear fog lamp, or fuel door lock, so those relay sockets should be empty. Thanks again.

TGooberPea
35

need2fix, Have you looked under your back seat yet for the other relay box? I've circled the relay on a photo that pertains to the trunk release, #52.

need2fix
10

Yes this would have been so easy to spot #52 if only I had the same layout ...if you compare my box, it is really not so obvious where the trunk release would be. I have not been able to try all the things I wanted to because my husband has tied a giant bungie cord to the latch which I cannot get off. Until he remembers to do this, I remain frustrated! It's just doesn't seem too important to him after a long day LOL. Maybe tomorrow if I threaten to saw it off hahaha. Thanks for your help..I will let you know what I manage to accomplish once the cord is off.

browndivalady
0

i went to start mi car it turned over and then shut off the dash board didnt light up or the radio didnt come on now it want say anything and non of the lights will come on. the flashers work and if i hit the horn it get stuck. please help.