dangerous driving due to changing tires??

facial
0

Asked by facial Apr 02, 2010 at 04:07 PM about the 2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD

Just recently changed out factory tires (wore out) with tires of same size from my local tire shop. Ever since the car is really hard to handle. Every rut and uneven spot in the road wants to pull the wheel from you hands. Had the tire shop look things over and they re balanced and readjusted air pressures on the new tires......still not working right. Also had the alignment checked out everything is perfect. Any ideas why just changing tires would make such a drastic change in the handling of the car.

thanks for any help given

Momba21
1,735

Tires may be of same size, but not of same speed rating, load range, construction or design. Size should be P235/60R16 99H. A different speed rating or load index will usually affect handling. Even w/ proper speed rating and load index, these new tires may be designed more for a sports car than for a SUV. Sounds like you need new tires.