where is the flasher(turn signal relay)located. Emg. flashers work but L/h and R/h signals dont.

marcutio
0

Asked by marcutio Apr 17, 2007 at 07:18 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS

LouB
12,960

Hi marcutio! You need to drop a dime to your local Chevy parts desk guy and he'll get you where you need to be. He'll be happy to help you out as you are buying the new relay. He may also be able to warn you of other possible reasons for your problems. Good luck.

Wendell Keen
120

They use the same relay. The relay is located above a plastic cover the same color as the dash that has one screw holding it. Turn on your Emer. flashers and you will hear it clicking. That is the relay but if the emer. flashers are working and not the turn signals, the problem is not the relay. More than likely it is the turn signal switch ( multi function switch) 3 screws under the steering column cover and 2 screws on the switch and 2 plug-in's and put it back together and your done... No need to remove the steering wheel... YAY!

Whenitbrakesfixit
120

This might not always be the case. I just changed the relay out of my Chevy Cavalier and the emergency lights were working just fine. Once the new relay was in both the left and right signal along with the emergency light worked just fine. I have had to replace the turn signal switch before and what has usually happened is that the left signal goes out before the right or is the only blinker that is causing the problem. When its the relay, both left and right signals are problematic to the same degree. go with the cheapest fix first. A new relay should NOT cost you more than twenty dollars.

Speedy287
80

I tried the relay first, but still had the same problem. The flasher was my cause. There is a panel under the dash. It takes one 7mm bolt and you can remove the panel. Look with a flash light to find it. The color of mine was neon green. if you can't find it turn on your hazzard lights. The blinking sound you will be able to trace it. Relay cost $20 flasher cost $20 turn signal switch $60 go with cheap fix first

AVboulter
110

I just replaced the electronic flasher module in a 98 Cavalier. It was not easy to access. It was a neon green module located above the brake pedal. Thanks for all the clues above. I accessed it by removing the panel, same color as the dash, with a 7mm wrench. My 4-ways were working, but the right and left turn signal would work for just a few short flashes then stop. Replacing this module worked. $15.99 plus tax.

Andy Kostrzewa
0

i have a problem with the fact that all of my lights are working but are not flashing, i found the green module and removed it and took it apart and cleaned the contact and it looked new anyways.. i never heard any such clicking(which probably be the relay clicking) in the first place to find it, but i am still having the same problem. i had the whole turn signal assembly replaced years back because none of my lights worked at all and that fixed it. but now i just want my lights to flash! can anyone help?

Anthony Striani
20

How do I get that cover. off my steering wheel? To get to the flasher switch 2002 chevy cavalier 3:24