Heated/cooled seats

bwags2
215

Asked by bwags2 Dec 15, 2010 at 06:58 AM about the 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL both heated/cooled seats do not heat or cool.  Fuse is good.  All indicator lights on both door panels function properly.

anjy834u
2,235

in that case i would suggest u to take ur car to a dealer. http://www.buick-lucerne.com/2011-photos-collection/

seastorm709
240

2007 Buick Lucurne just replaced the climate control seat module and connector, one of the modules with four terminals melted to connector-PIC4825. This problems killed both front seats, all the lights worked but no hot or cold.

bwags2
215

Thank you very much for your reply. It is very much appreciated. Will you please disclose the location of the climate control seat module? Is there one module for both seats. I thank you in advance for your help.

seastorm709
240

Control module PT#20806164 should be under the front passenger seat on a 2007 model, mine had the very same problem and was still under warranty because the part lists at 454.00. On GM Parts Direct.com I believe it sells for 264.00. I hope this has been helpful.

rsgs
70

Can you tell me how to lift the passenger bottom seat to view control module? Thanks

bwags2
215

Sorry, I have not progressed far enough into this project to remove a seat.

bwags2
215

bwags2 has discovered that only the heating function of both front seats is not working. Cooling is working fine.

aronvand
30

Have you got your module installed and issue resolved? My Dad's car has the same issue as yours, lights are on but nothing works.

H3
605

you have a ground problem,or some sort of repair was performed....and they inadvertantly knocked something loose,or may have become unplugged.

oldbreez
10

Have the same problem with my 08 Lucerne and would like to know where UI can get an aftermarket module. If there is such a thing. Terminals were burned off the connecter and the module was also affected.

bwags2
215

gmpartsdirect.com GM PART # 20806164

aronvand
30

oldbreez. First off I live in Canada and for some reason when it comes to parts either my local GM dealer is ripping me off or its GM vs GM Canada thing. Either way we, the consumer, get the shaft. My local dealer wanted $997 for the part (same part # as listed above) and another grand to install. I went to newgmparts.com and got it for $318. Not sure the current price. I decided to give my Dad's local mechanic the chance to make some money rather than the dealer. He installed it for $249 for me. So that was $567 vs $,2000. Seats have been working great since.

bwags2
215

oldbreez: $264 at gmpartsdirect.com GM PART # 20806164

pbaker
0

2007 with the same problem. Dealer has replaced twice while under warranty. Happened a third time. Each time lasts less than a year before the seats quit heating/cooling.