97 Saturn SL-1. The a/c is starting to act up. Mostly it blows slightly cool air - but not cold enough. Can you guys give me the rundown on possible causes before I take it for repair. Thanks.

A Facebook user
25

Asked by Alfasud_50 Aug 31, 2009 at 08:01 PM about the 1997 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

Alex Boyd
25

go get it recharged, or recharge it yourself.

A Facebook user
25

Dude. I was hoping for something with a little bit more info. Such as, today a friend explained the different possible causes: the condenser could be not running, the fuse could have gone bad, the coolant could be low.

Alex Boyd
25

if the fuse or condensor went bad you would have NO cold air at all. most likely your need to get it recharged..........

A Facebook user
25

Got it. Thanks Alex.

Alex Boyd
25

no problem!

Shane Abele
105

Hey Rich..can you hear the compresser clicking on and off while running at idle with air on if so you need to add freon,you can bye at walmart or autozone that comes with a gauge on the bottle try that first if freon level is good then try washing the condenser out its located in front of the radaitor......