Power door locks don't work on front and sliding doors. Any ideas how to fix this?

rhinodad
0

Asked by rhinodad Jul 09, 2007 at 03:46 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

The power locks on our van do not work for the front two doors, and the sliding doors.  All is well with the hatch in the back.

I can't get the locks to work either from the intererior switch, or from the key fob.  If the doors are unlocked, then the sliding side doors work, but if they are locked, they will not slide open even when using the control on the key chain.

Any ideas on what to look for?  I've checked the fuses in the engine compartment, and they are all there and healthy.  

Thanks!

Anonymous
0

Rhinodad, I will be watching for a response as our 2007 T&C minivan is having similar problems. The automatic locks will not operate from the remote key fob, but the sliding doors will open and close with the remote. When trying to lock the doors using the key fob, the horn will honk but the locks aren't moving. Darrell

shril
340

At Edmonds.com I found these solutions (as I too was experiencing the same issue): Reseat the IOD 20A fuse. This may be only a temp. solution as I have read. I just pulled the fuse this morning and everything works fine now. HOWEVER, I read that it is merely a temp. fix for a new code that needs to be programed into the BCM. Think of it as a Microsoft update that most computers "require" periodically. I canceled the appt. I had set up for Wednesday and will have them enter the new code at my next regular service appt.

You think this is helpful.
jaycrehak
240

Thank you to the last poster. (shni). I had the problem with the locks on my 2005 Town and Country. I just went out and reset the 20A IOD fuse, and it worked! Genius!

hatemyChysler
70

Had the same problem. Just rolled out to the garage, pulled the fuse and replaced it. Problem solved. Works like a champ. Chrysler T&C, a great van until 100,000 miles then the wheels fell off, engine fell out and now I get to pull and replace a fuse periodically to get my stupid auto locks and doors to work....what a POS!

StudpidChrysler
30

I actually made it to 150,000 miles, but now I'm having all the same problems. This is the first and last Chrysler I will buy. Back to Hondas for me.

You think this is helpful.
willfin
30

Thanks everybody for the info. I'm 2500 miles from home when the door locks stoped working. Not in one place long enough to get looked at. Did what you advised and all is well. Thanks again everybody for taking the time to leave your comments.

Alphonso Nguyen
60

wonderful advice .. work like a charm... thanks.

lestersbody
30

worked for me 2 minutes after i read the edmunds article @top of page

Soccermomof4
80

Thank you! Just bought a 2005 Chrysler t&c Friday and realized that night that the power door locks didn't work. Should have done a more thorough inspection on the car. Went to the dealer today and they said I would have to bring it to their service station about 45 mins from my house. This discussion saved me a trip!

Soccermomof4
80

Temp fix only lasted two days. Guess I have to bring it in. Lame.

NoMorePowerlockProblem
0

That trick worked for me! I thought I'd gone back to the days when cars had only manual locks...Nightmare over now.

Blou4now
0

Was it making sounds when you used the switches? Or Key fob , as mine is making the sound. Hell I will pull the fuse and see if that works, wont cost anything.

OlatheCat
50

Is there a way to fix this without having to pull and replace the fuse all the time? This quick fix only lasts a day or two, if that.

Soccermomof4
80

Had to bring it to Chrysler. It was a computer thing. A computer upgrade needed to be done. That's the only was to permanently fix the problem. Thankfully my car was still under warranty so no charge.

jojo2013
10

i have the same problem on my van now will try to pull the fuse to reset as everyone recommend.to see..if it really work..

thejeepdoctor
1,865

there is a reflash avail. through chrysler, if you get tired of pulling fuse.....this was a common problem for quite a while.

thejeepdoctor
1,865

If you have one that tries to move but wont quite lock. the lock accuator needs to be replaced. You can buy this seperate from latch.

Valerie Gadd
10

thejeepdoctor what is this reflash that is available through Chrysler for the door locks? appledmp@aol.com

nettee1120
0

Is this the the fuse box in the engine? Or is there another one? Thanx!!!!

OlatheCat
50

The fuse box under the hood, yes.