In order to replace the ing. starter switch on my 1995 impala ss do I need to remove the steerine wheel

kirk2
0

Asked by kirk2 Aug 03, 2007 at 01:21 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Impala 4 Dr SS Sedan

The ingition starter switch on my 1995 chevrolet ss impala is out. My question is , do you have to remove the steering wheel to replace the the ignition switch?

dvigano
8,695

Hi kirk2, You don't have to remove the steering wheel, but you do have to take it apart to a certain extent. Chances are, there's plastic covering the ignition switch. Removing this plastic should expose the switch for removal. Good luck!

trip65

you have to remove the steering wheel and air bag if equipt. there's a bolt that locks the cylinder to the column.