2006 Kia Sedona vibration at 65mph on acceleration only

azvol16
20

Asked by azvol16 Oct 26, 2012 at 06:31 PM about the 2006 Kia Sedona EX

When I start up my 2006 Kia Sedona in the morning and get out on the freeway it runs just fine for about 5 miles or so.  As the van is around 65mph, it begins to shake (vibrate).  If I release the gas pedal the van runs fine, until I press back on the gas.  If I reduce speed to below 55mph the problem is not  hardly noticed.  If I increase speeds up to 80mph the vibration is there but minor.  The vibration is most noticed at 65.

45,505

Sounds like it could be a tire or tires out of balance. Inspect rims and tires for anything that should not be there. (Mud). Also missing wheel weights. Hope this helps.

azvol16
20

I thought about that, but when I release the gas pedal, the vibration goes away. If it were tires it would be constant. It only happens when speeds are around 65mph (and) gas pedal is being pressed.

Mick Zona
10

check both front axles for play ! and also check motor mounts .