The horn on my 95 Riviera activates on its own>>>>

stokes66
10

Asked by stokes66 Jul 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

The horn on my 95 Riviera sometimes blows continuously and burns out the pass. side horn and  the fuse...I suspect the problem is the horn/air bag pad.. is there something else I need to consider? Thanks

24bics
245

Most likely you are correct. Sounds like something in the steering column. Seek professiona l assistance at a local certified repair shop. Best not to mess with the airbag/ clockspring assm. yourself

stokes66
10

Thanks>>>I hopefullly will find a replacement in the savage yard.

62midget
10

The contacts under the horn pad on the steering wheel get "bent" down and make continuous contact. Leave the fuse out or lift up the pad and fix. Dealer charged me one hour of labor plus fuse. Air bag could cause an issue if you do it your self.