crankshaft sensor

threeinchcutters
0

Asked by threeinchcutters Apr 10, 2011 at 01:20 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Dr LS SUV

a mechanic told me that if i change my crankshaft sensor i would need to pay him 90 dollars to reprogram it??? does that seem right or do i actually jus need to take the old one out and put the new one in?? thanksahead  for any help u can give me.

Danny Wang
2,365

I think the mechanic is referring to Crankshaft Position System Variation Learn, which is necessary for replacing the sensor as in your case. Though 90 dollars seems to be on the high end. I suggest getting another opinion from another known shop.

threeinchcutters
0

thanks for the advice danny. ill check around and see if i can get it for cheaper. its a 96 blazer with a 4.3 and my problem is it is stalling while driving... it does it while accelerating stoping or idling. i just cuts off like someone turned the key off then will start back up usually sometimes i have to wait a few minutes. mechanic said he suggest me changing the sensor. sometimes the check engine light comes on and i have pulled a knock sensor code, evaproation code and a maf sensor. i already cleaned the maf sensor.