may dodge caliber will start but will not shift out of park. what is the problem.

Joseph Baptiste
0

Asked by Joseph Feb 03, 2013 at 07:19 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT

Michael Tutty
4,355

The shift interlock is not releasing. On some cars, you have to push fairly hard on the brake pedal to release it. Some cars work off the brakelights. If, for what ever reason, your brakelights are not working, the interlock will not release.

7jimmy7
10,615

10 four on that answer, an overide proceedure is usally in operators manual for dead batterie un lock

DavidH25

There's a button under a little cover on the side of the shift lever to over ride the lock, pop off the cover and stick your finger in there, push. That should do it, but for a permanent fix paste: www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17838