I recently purchased a 2002 Buick Regal and the cigarette lighter does not work?

1virgojoan
55

Asked by 1virgojoan Mar 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM about the 2002 Buick Regal LS

The fuse was blown.  Replaced fuse and when I tried the lighter it blew another fuse.  Took it in and was told it was the lighter itself as you can use it as a charger, but as soon as the lighter is put in it blows the fuse.  Bought another lighter and it also blows the fuse.  Does anyone have an answer for this??

casper271
3,965

has the wiring and fuse size been checked? I bought a 93 sunbird, a previous owner put the wrong fuse in... If it is the right fuse, check the ground and the wiring itself. It could also be the casing that is bad.

papa

eather way is a easy fix.may just be the lighter itself,easy to remove and reinstall 1 wire.as casper said check fuse.

A Facebook user
95

I have a 2000 Buick Regal and my car does the same thing. I finally gave up and just don't use them!