best way to open hood with broken release cable is to remove the grille according to DavidH25 but what is best way to remove the grill since I can't open the hood

rpohl58
0

Asked by rpohl58 Jan 25, 2013 at 08:18 AM about the 1998 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr Base Sedan

DavidH25

I'm still working on that my friend, just no luck So far. But I have not given up. It's a F*** up situation, to open the hood the grille has to come off..and for the grille to come off the hood has to be open...there has GOT to be a way, one fellow broke his grille of with a hammer and bought a new one when the same thing happened, but he was very frustrated with the whole thing and I think he simply lost his temper. but important: I am NOT advising you to do THAT

45,655

Is there any way to get to the latch from under the car? GM's are usually open at the bottom. If you can't get to the cable, you may be able to remove the bolts that hold the latch. Another option is to use a hacksaw blade without the frame and cut a opening that can be epoxied back into place.

Dustin Mertz
0

I was having this problem and i just got my hood open a few minutes ago. All i did was sit on the hood while i was looking fir the solution. When i got off the hood popped up and all i had to do was release the hood. Hope this helps any other buick owners