2000 Buick Park Ave.

joan85032
0

Asked by joan85032 Nov 27, 2012 at 04:35 PM about the 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra

Hi, my brakes or traction control came on and almost stopped the car. I had it checked they said everything was fine. Well it happened three times more. Only when going slow. I was on the road was making a left turn and it seems to act up after turning, and going slowly.  Does the traction control need replacing? I am wondering if this can be dangerous if going high speeds. So far it only happened when going slow.

19,105

Wheel bearing is bad and causing the wheel speed sensor to give a reading of 0 when turning causing the vehicle to think the tires are slipping causing the vehicles traction control to reduce power at the wheel to the point where the car doesn't have enough power to pull itself through a corner. As far as danger at high speeds it will be no different than letting off the gas. The shop needs to hook up an abs compatable scanner that can live stream the wheel speed sensor readings and have you drive it in an attempt to duplicate the issue while the mechanic sits in the passengers seat watching the scanner.