fuel pump replacement

maxwell6641
0

Asked by maxwell6641 Feb 02, 2010 at 04:28 PM about the 1990 Volvo 740 4 Dr GL Sedan

I have a 1990 740GL with the regina system. I have to replace the fuel pump. I have been told I have only one pump in the gas tank. I have read 2 accounts of how to replace it. One involves dropping the gas tank, and the other details removing a plate in the trunk to access the pump this sounds alot easier) does anyone know which method is correct?  Also does anyone know where to purchase a replacement pump at a resonable price?

Sander Almstad
45

Enkleste måten er og fjerne den plata i bagasje rommet. Og du har ei bensin pumpe under bilen. under fører stolen.. bruker google translate, er fra norge. :) ikkje god på engelsk.. PM til meg om du lurer på noe anna om volvo 740... :)

Sander Almstad
45

Easiest way is, and remove the disc in the trunk. And you have a fuel pump under the car. under the driver seat .. use google translate, is from Norway. :) Not good in English .. PM me if you're wondering something else about volvo 740 .. :)

Christopher Paden
2,565

If you can access it through the plate, replace it there. Are you sure the fuel pump is bad and that it is not a fuel pump relay or ecu problem?

doktorNeal
10

You can access through the trunk plate instead of dropping fuel tank, other causes of stalling out include idle air controller valve, Radio suppression fuel relay, Mass air flow controller, distributor oil leaking into its chamber, bad rotor or cap, ignition coil, Bulb failure relay, fuel relay, bad ignition wires and or spark plugs, water leaking into wiring from leaks under windshield, alternator