I have a 06 BMW Z4 3.i roadster. Can I convert the manual seats to powered without changing the wireing harness??

catfishman
0

Asked by catfishman Mar 24, 2011 at 08:08 AM about the 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i

Can I convert my manual seats to power seats without changing the wireing harness??

Luke Merry
825

In the grand scheme the switchset is the controlunit for the seat electronics. so as long as you can supply the required power to this you should theoretically be able to get the powered seats to work. word of warning however - hte motors (2 per side in the Z3) are approx. $1000 each and about the same for the switch unit should they fail.

catfishman
0

Iplanned to buy two used seats complete with motors, controls,and brackets if it will work. Will the brackets fit where the manual one were? Does this have any effect on the computer system? Does cars with manual seats have the same wiring harness as the power ones?

Luke Merry
825

mounts should be the same and the wiring my be there taped to the main loom. it may require some searching as it will be under the carpet.