89 honda accord lxi ideals

miles9999
0

Asked by miles9999 Jun 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM about the 1989 Honda Accord Lxi

I have a 89 honda accord lxi 28900m it run good but it ideals up and down after if worms
up. like ( zooo, stop zooooooo, stop zooo stop , zooooooo, stop zooo , zooooooo )   
please help

McCUBBY
515

You need to have the idle adjusted, which is usually done with a tune up.

miles9999
0

This is a fuel injected engine. The car already had a tune up, do you have any other suggestions how to adjust the idle? Note: I have removed the number one fuel injection wire that sits on top of the cam when the motor was running, which made the zoom zoom sound go down, almost off. However, stopping and restarting the motor brings the zoom zoom sound back. It sounds like to me it could be a air or electrical relay problem somewhere. I'm pretty good with foreign car motors, but this really got me. Can you help me out?

McCUBBY
515

Well 1st, here is how to adjust the idle on that engine: 1) Find the throttle cable. I think it's near the back of the engine near the firewall in the center. 2) You should see an adjustment nut on the throttle cable. 3) Adjust the throttle cable adjustment nut by turning the nut clockwise or counterclockwise. For a fast idle, turn the nut counterclockwise to loosen the tension. I believe the normal tension for the throttle cable in Honda Accord from the 80's is 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch play in the center at the exposed section of the cable. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My mechanic (who worked on my Honda ever since I owned it) says for you to check and see if that #1 fuel injection wire has a break it. He says it's quite possible and suggests you replace that wire. Then after that you might not have any further problems. If after all the self-checks you do that you still find a problem, then you need to get it diagnosed by your local mechanic on their garage computer and see his recommendations. I hope this helps. McCubby